- About Us
- High School
- Get Connected
- Contact Us
- Lorri Parsons, Co-Founder & Support Specialist on 08/20/2014
The OSS newsletter keeps you up to date on what's happening!
- Linda Reimer, Development Director on 08/18/2014
Don't forget to SAVE YOUR HY-VEE receipts starting September 1 through December 31, 2014! OSS gets money from Hy-Vee for every receipt turned in with purchases in the specified time frame - Last year we made over $900! All just for saving your receipts!
Click on the link above for more information.
- Linda Reimer, Development Director on 08/01/2014
The Omaha Street School is a registered non-profit on AmazonSmile! For qualified purchases, the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate .5% of the purchase price to OSS to support programs that help our teens make positive changes in their lives. What an easy way to support our community! Here is what you need to do:
1. Click on the link above (or go to smile.amazon.com) The link will take you directly to the OSS specific sign up!
2. When shopping through Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and enter your Amazon password (it may automatically go to your account).
3. Products that are eligible for the AmazonSmiles matching donation will be noted in the description.
4. Shop as you normally would, knowing that part or all of your purchase could be helping at-risk teens in YOUR community!
- OSS Marketing Class on 02/16/2014
Don't be the LAST person to be wearing the latest craze! OSS Spirit wear! Hoodies and T-shirts contain original student artwork and are designed by our marketing class. Amazing, right?!
It's not just the hoodies that are amazing! Our marketing students decided to make a class project out of raising funds to buy a Smart Board for the math classroom. (LOVE our students!) For a $25 donation you will receive a hoodie (black only), and for a $20 donation you will receive a short sleeve T-shirt (black or white). They are trying to raise $4000! Will you help them attain their goal? (AND promote OSS!)
The "Light it Up" logo on the front is the school motto for the year encouraging our students to be "light" in their community. The lion on the back is original artwork by Devon, one of the marketing students.
TO SEE A SAMPLE of the Hoodies and Logos and DOWNLOAD AN ORDER FORM, click on the link above.
- Posted by Linda Reimer on 01/01/2014
Click on the link to learn how to support the Omaha Street School while shopping! Up to 1% of your total purchase!
Welcome to our website!
The Omaha Street School, a faith-based alternative high school, located in Omaha, Nebraska, puts at-risk youth on the road to success. Omaha Street School focuses on dropout prevention by offering a personalized education, a moral code, and tools for self-sufficiency through non-traditional approaches.
The 9th-12th grade high school students at OSS have typically not succeeded in traditional public or private schools, and many arrive with significant learning deficiencies. Students come from the recommendations of current/former students, community partners, and the juvenile justice system. OSS offers low student to teacher ratios, individualized student learning plans and a focus on career pathways.
The OSS Future Focus program is designed to move clients, ages 17 and older, towards job readiness or continuing education. Programs include individualized GED tutoring and job skills certification opportunities in collaboration with community partners.
The Omaha Street School is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.